One of the things I want to see passed completely in this session, on to the Senate.
House of Representatives narrowly approves DREAM Act; Senate must now vote on immigration bill | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times
One of the things I want to see passed completely in this session, on to the Senate.
House of Representatives narrowly approves DREAM Act; Senate must now vote on immigration bill | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times
Are you kidding? Why wouldn't I want it to? Path to citizenship for a lot of disadvantaged kids and for them to get an education, damn right I want it passed.
Most of America agrees with me too.
Poll: 54 percent support DREAM Act – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]
I apologize, a MAJORITY have some common sense and decency.
its hard enough for you and me to get an education but you think its alright for someone who is here ILLEGALLY to get aid with it? maybe expand this to everyone and ill agree. but i dont want some middle class kid to struggle getting an education when jose can run up here selling his coke in johnson city and his "kids" he brought with him get a free ride.
Cant we all just get along?
Just as I thought, you don't know what the DREAM Act is. They HAVE to meet requirements, then complete at least 2 years in college or the military and get temp residency..but complete more requirements later on, all while being an outstanding citizen, then get conditional permanent residency . They would be LEGAL doing it. I used to think of you as reasonable, but lately it's the exact opposite, esp. with just dumb comments like that. Sorry, that was just an asinine, stereotypical and boarderline racist comment about them. Really pisses me off when I see something like that and yeah yeah, you have latino's in your family(I believe tha'ts what you said), no excuse for it.
1) They aren't all, nor most or close to be some drug peddling punk 2) Where the hell are you getting "free-ride" from?
They aren't making it harder on me, not you and no one I know. And if you're losing your spot, which is highly unlikely btw, to one of them...I'd suggest studying harder instead of bitching about it and whining "they shouldn't be here!". You haven't done anything to earn anything over them, you, like the rest of us lucked up and were born here. So we have no leg to stand on, if they're getting spots in college and job positions over you, well they might just be smarter and work harder...so I wouldn't cry foul if it happened to me, it's my.
Hate that mentality all over this country, that they're somehow inferior to outsiders, reality check says you're the same and they're the same...so both should be treated the same.
now im goign to do like you do in every post you make......... nowhere did i say ALL of them are like that, but more than enough will be getting through that are that way. My tax dollars and YOUR tax dollars will be going to support a program to help ILLEGAL immigrants........ sure they have to meet requirements, but they SHOULDNT have been here in the first place. Its not the kids fault, but apparently you dont see the big picture, there will be MORE people sneaking in just to have children here.... we are overpopulated anyway we dont have enough jobs for the people that are already here, and i dont know if you are still in your own little bubble or what, but A LOT of the people coming over right now, are selling drugs. A LOT, granted a lot of them still arent but one person smuggling drugs, having kids in our country is one too many and this will press them to bring more. There is a person i work with who has about 4 or 5 illegitimate children in this country, his or her family ( i dont want to give away any idea of who it is in case someone else i work with gets on here) wants them to move back to their country, but they wont, their country really isnt horrible and they had a good life back home, good job, came up here for extra money i have no problem with that at all but i do have a problem with having 4 kids in the 5 years you have been in the country. now if more people do that, whats going to happen? Sometimes you need to look at the big picture, thats all im saying
Cant we all just get along?
Bookmarks